Friday, June 22, 2012

30 Day Book Challenge: Day Two

"A book that you’ve read more than 3 times"

Ida B by Katherine Hannigan

This had to be one of my all-time favorite books as a child. Sometimes I liked to pretend I was the main character, Ida B, who ate "peanut butter on one slice of bread, milk, and an apple, preferably a McIntosh because they're tangy with a thin skin", talked to trees, and lived on a farm. The book tells of young girl, Ida B, who grows up on a farm with her mother and father, home-schooled. She spends her time with her dog, as well as talking and listening to nature, such as trees and the brook. However, soon she starts going to a real school and discovers the difficulties of being social, as well as standing up for what's right when new neighbors come along. It's a truly wonderful read, but I'd recommend it for ages 9-12 (thought I think I'll enjoy it forever!).

No comments:

Post a Comment