Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Science vs. Religion

I just finished reading a book called Evolution, Me, & Other Freaks of Nature. It started off as a great book however I was a bit disappointed in the end when it turned out that the science teacher was religious. Of course I don't want to offend anyone, but in my personal opinion, I feel that anyone who teaches science, should be either an agnostic or an atheist. I believe this because I don't feel that if someone doesn't believe in all the facts, then how can they teach us?

Here's my policy on religion: I'm perfectly fine with people having religions as long as they don't use it to harm themselves or others or don't wave it around in other people's faces. I'm a strong believer of the separation of church and state and I absolutely HATE it when people feel they are "cleansing my soul" when they try to convert me to whichever religion they are practicing.

As I said, I'm fine with people having religions, but things that bug me about it is when people use their religions as a reason to discriminate, harm, or do awful things to other humans, animals, or other aspects of our world. For example, when people quote the bible saying how some people aren't allowed to get married, yet others are, that just drives me up a wall. If a man and a woman are allowed to get married, than so should a man and a man or a woman and a woman. This shouldn't even be an issue, just common sense and morals.

I hope I'm not offending anyone, I just feel I need to state my opinion. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment