Saturday, July 7, 2012

30 Day Book Challenge: Day Twelve

"A book you used to love but don’t anymore"

The Beacon Street Girls series by Annie Bryant

I know, the challenge says "book", but I have to put a series down for this one. At around age 9-12, I was head-over heals OBSESSED with these books. (I even liked to pretend to be the characters. Don't laugh.) They're pretty fantastically written, actually, but as I've grown older, the content doesn't seem to please me as much. (Not to diss the series in any way, as I plan on passing my collection down to my future children when I'm older.) The series tells of five best friends: Charlotte (my favorite), Maeve, Avery, Katani, and Isabel and different obstacles (mean girls, arguments, run-away puppies, etc) and adventures they overcome and encounter. I would recommend these to any middle-school girl (or boy, if you wish).

No comments:

Post a Comment