Monday, July 16, 2012

Farm Fresh

I live on a small produce farm and it's usually about this time of year that yummy foods start popping up! I went exploring the garden for foods for dinner tonight. Take a look at some of the lovely collections.


 Not our tomato (from our garden, I mean), but it's organic and local and I'm planning on using it for dinner! :)
 Challots! Look a bit different than store ones, right?
 Raspberries are probably the number-one best fruit to make desserts from. They're delicious!
 This is some purple lettuce growing. It's a bit bitter but with some olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper, it's absolutely divine!
 It's hard to tell from this picture, but these are some delicious snap peas. I prefer the bigger pods, yet others (like my Mum) prefer the skinnier ones.
Nasturtium flowers are VERY bitter/spicy and I'm not much of a fan... but they look great on your salads (and my Dad enjoys them).
 BASIL!!! This smells AND tastes delicious! :)
Cucumbers. I love these! Look how big they are!
 These are our tomatoes... Still growing but they'll be ready soon!
Some hot peppers in the works... Not quite ready yet but almost...

No comments:

Post a Comment